Saturday, December 10, 2011

My MasterChef South Africa journey has ended. Yup, my ego has taken a bashing and I am not feeling so good. I didn't make it past the auditions and I must say I am really disappointed and confused – a little like Don Juan would after prematurely ejaculating. I guess everyone is going to hit me with the old clich├ęs. “At least you tried”, “there's always next time”, better to have tried and failed, than to not have tried at all” or “find the positives” etc. Well, I suppose if I really look deep, there were one or two positives to have come out of the last few days. Firstly, I stepped out of my comfort zone and put myself out there and secondly, I got excited about food again and had fun in the process! So that was my MasterChef experience. Very short and not so sweet. I was hoping to blog my progress all the way to the final – but alas that was not to be. For interests sake, here is a pic of my Sesame seared Ahi Tuna salad with poached pears. According to my esteemed food judge, it's not that great.

3 comments:

  1. did they actually tell you why it was not great! I think they are judging people?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, they didn't say anything. My judge just asked me a few questions about the dish, then tasted it with the longest of teeth, marked something on my score sheet and said "good luck". I was then directed to another room where they kindly showed me the door. Personally I believe there should be two judges at least - what if mine simply did not eat fish? That may explain why she did not touch it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    I' m Alberto from Italy.

    You Have a Best website.

    You have many delicious recipes.

    I have a blog www.realitaliandish.wordpress.com is a blog of real italian recipesof my family, if you wont take some recipes you can take is a honor for me.

    Bye from Italy CIAO.



    Sorry for my english.

    ReplyDelete