Saturday, December 10, 2011

My MasterChef South Africa journey has ended. Yup, my ego has taken a bashing and I am not feeling so good. I didn't make it past the auditions and I must say I am really disappointed and confused – a little like Don Juan would after prematurely ejaculating. I guess everyone is going to hit me with the old clichés. “At least you tried”, “there's always next time”, better to have tried and failed, than to not have tried at all” or “find the positives” etc. Well, I suppose if I really look deep, there were one or two positives to have come out of the last few days. Firstly, I stepped out of my comfort zone and put myself out there and secondly, I got excited about food again and had fun in the process! So that was my MasterChef experience. Very short and not so sweet. I was hoping to blog my progress all the way to the final – but alas that was not to be. For interests sake, here is a pic of my Sesame seared Ahi Tuna salad with poached pears. According to my esteemed food judge, it's not that great.

3 comments:

  1. did they actually tell you why it was not great! I think they are judging people?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, they didn't say anything. My judge just asked me a few questions about the dish, then tasted it with the longest of teeth, marked something on my score sheet and said "good luck". I was then directed to another room where they kindly showed me the door. Personally I believe there should be two judges at least - what if mine simply did not eat fish? That may explain why she did not touch it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    I' m Alberto from Italy.

    You Have a Best website.

    You have many delicious recipes.

    I have a blog www.realitaliandish.wordpress.com is a blog of real italian recipesof my family, if you wont take some recipes you can take is a honor for me.

    Bye from Italy CIAO.



    Sorry for my english.

    ReplyDelete