Thursday, August 5, 2010

Spaghetti Frutti di Mare (Seafood Spaghetti)


Driving home from work today and as usual, I was thinking about what to make for dinner. That’s how it works with me. It takes me 12 minutes to get home (assuming the traffic plays its part) and in that time I think about supper. The process is quite simple. Firstly, I try to remember what ingredients I have on hand, then I think about what I am in the mood for, finally a quick evaluation of my energy levels and nine times out of ten dinner is mapped out as I pull into the driveway. Pretty efficient don’t you think? So anyway, tonight I felt like something quick and easy and I decided on seafood spaghetti, known better as “Frutti di Mare”.

Ingredients:
1 onion – chopped finely
1 clove garlic – crushed
Half glass white wine
Tablespoon of butter
1 tin whole peeled tomatoes
Chopped basil, oregano and parsley
1 tin shredded tuna
Fresh muscles (in or out of shells)
Clams in shell (optional)

Place the onions, garlic, wine and butter in a saucepan over medium heat and let it reduce. Add the tin of tomatoes and herbs and allow to simmer for a few minutes. Check the sauce – if it’s slightly bitter, add some sugar or balsamic vinegar. Season with salt and black pepper and add the tuna, muscles (and clams) and stir around. Simmer for twenty minutes. Cook the pasta in well salted water, drain and then mix in the sauce. Serve on a large plate, sprinkle with parsley and place a lemon wedge on the side. Pronto!

No comments:

Post a Comment