Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Cottage Pie

Last night, I made the classic Spaghetti Bolognese - but cooked way too much. So, tonight I thought I would serve it again. But not one to serve the same meal two nights in a row, I thought I would rework what I had and make Cottage Pie. Rather English wouldn’t you say? Anyway, it worked out really well – even my seven year old finished his dinner which says a lot. Okay, this is what you need and what you do:

6-8 potatoes – peeled and cut into quarters
1 roll puff pastry
Bolognese sauce
1 egg for brushing the pastry

Boil and mash the potatoes and lay into a rectangular Pyrex dish. Pour in the Bolognese and spread evenly over the mash. Roll out the pastry and place over the top of the dish sealing the mash and Bolognese. Brush with the egg and bake in the oven at 180 for about 30-40 minutes until the pastry is golden.


I cut this into squares and served it with crumbed chicken breasts and crisp green beans. Simple!

No comments:

Post a Comment